- Diverse Hacker Attack Methods
- Social Engineering
- The Virtual Probe
- Lost Password
- Chatty Technicians
- Social Spying
How to Secure wireless networks
In minimizing wireless network attacks; an organization can adopt the following policies
- Changing default passwords that come with the hardware
- Enabling the authentication mechanism
- Access to the network can be restricted by allowing only registered MAC addresses.
- Use of strong WEP and WPA-PSK keys, a combination of symbols, number and characters reduce the chance of the keys been cracking using dictionary and brute force attacks.
- Firewall Software can also help reduce unauthorized access.
How to Hack WiFi Password
In this practical scenario, we are going to learn how to crack WiFi password. We will use Cain and Abel to decode the stored wireless network passwords in Windows. We will also provide useful information that can be used to crack the WEP and WPA keys of wireless networks.
Decoding Wireless network passwords stored in Windows
Step 1) Download the Cain and Abel tool
- Download Cain & Abel from the link provided above.
- Open Cain and Abel
Step 2) Select the Decoders tab and choose Wireless passwords
- Ensure that the Decoders tab is selected then click on Wireless Passwords from the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Click on the button with a plus sign
Step 3) The passwords will be shown
- Assuming you have connected to a secured wireless network before, you will get results similar to the ones shown below
Step 4) Get the passwords along with encryption type and SSID
- The decoder will show you the encryption type, SSID and the password that was used.
- Wireless network transmission waves can be seen by outsiders, this possesses many security risks.
- WEP is the acronym for Wired Equivalent Privacy. It has security flaws which make it easier to break compared to other security implementations.
- WPA is the acronym for Wi-Fi Protected Access. It has security compared to WEP
- Intrusion Detection Systems can help detect unauthorized access
- A good security policy can help protect a network.
- Web Developer Roadmap in 2024
- Free USA Ethical Hacking Course for Beginner
- Facebook Ethical Hacking Complete Tutorials Free for Beginner: Learn Online Hacking Course 2022
- SSTI (Server Side Template Injection)|Detect|Idenfify|Exploit
- Explore Hackthebox Walkthrough