Hacking can not be learned in one day; you have to do hard work spent most of your time to learn it. Basically, hacking means to break the security rules of any device. On the internet, there is a various method to learn hacking eBooks, videos, and tutorials.
I have watched many videos on YouTube about hacking but one this I learned that those 5-10 minutes videos are not enough to learn to hack. The best way to learn to hack is to read books about it. Here in this article, I am sharing the best hacking books for free download.
What is Hacking?
- 1 What is Hacking?
- 2 Types of Hacker
- 3 List of Best Hacking Books to Download
- 4 10 Best-Paid Hacking Books
- 4.1 1. Hacking: A Beginners’ Guide to Computer Hacking, Basic Security, And Penetration Testing
- 4.2 2. Hacking for Beginners : A Basic Guide Book
- 4.3 3. Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide
- 4.4 4. Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
- 4.5 5. The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
- 4.6 6. Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
- 4.7 7. Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
- 4.8 8. Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C
- 4.9 9. Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
- 4.10 10. The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws
- 5 Is Hacking illegal?
- 6 Conclusion
All those actions that are used to break the security of digital devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, cameras) are called hacking.
Hacking is not only used to steal information from any computer or mobile device but also you can use hacking in a positive way also. By using the hacking service, you can find out the loophole in your security.
If you know all the security rules of any device then you may become a hacker. To become a hacker, you have to know many computer languages. Hacker identifies a weak point in any network then breaks that point and gets access to that device.
Types of Hacker
1. White Hat Hacker
All those people who maintain the network security of their company come under this category. White hat hacker makes the secure network for their company and keeps eyes on all those people who try to breach the security.
They do not do any illegal work related to hacking. They are also called IT security professionals. To become white hat hackers read these hacking books for free download.
2. Black Hat Hacker
This type of hacker does all the illegal activities related to hacking. They can break any type of security. Black hat hackers are the main reason why companies hire a security expert.
The main work of black hat hackers is to break the security of any network. They do this for money or for fun. They steal secret information from the companies and then they do blackmail companies and ask for money to restore their network.
Black hat hacker uses much software to crack the security of computer and mobile phones. Once they enter your phone system, they can do anything with your computer and mobile phones. These types of hackers are the most dangerous hackers. Black hat hackers read lots of hacking books free download.
- Free USA Ethical Hacking Course for Beginner
- Facebook Ethical Hacking Complete Tutorials Free for Beginner: Learn Online Hacking Course 2022
- SSTI (Server Side Template Injection)|Detect|Idenfify|Exploit
- Explore Hackthebox Walkthrough
- PowerShell for Pentester: Windows Reverse Shell
3. Grey Hat Hacker
This is the mixture of both white hat and black hat hacker. This type of hacker first hacks the network of any company. Once they enter into a network of any company then they hack their network and tell them that how they enter their network and ask for some small money to show loophole in their network.
They do all these things without the permission of companies so this is a black hat technique but they don’t harm the company so they are white hat.
List of Best Hacking Books to Download
To become a hacker you have to do practice more and more. For practice read more and more hacking ebooks. Download hacking ebooks from the list. Here is the list of hacking books free downloads are all in PDF format. Best collection of hacking ebooks in PDF.
- Computer Hacking & Malware Attacks for Dummies
- Network Hacking and Shadows Hacking Attacks
- Beginners Hackers and tutorials
- Advance Hacking Exposed Tutorials
- Security Cryptic Networks and Hacking
- SQL Injection attacks and tutorials by Exploit-DB
- Ethical Hacking Complete E-book for Beginners
- Reverse Engineering (The Real Hacking)
- Backtrack: Advance Hacking Tutorials
- Hack the System for beginners
- Hacking Website Database and owning systems
- Gray Hat Hacking and Complete Guide to Hacking
- Hack any Website, Complete Web App Hacking
- Ethical Hacking Value and Penetration testing
- Hacking attacks and Examples Test
- XSS + Vulnerability Exploitation & Website Hacking
- Internet Security Technology and Hacking
- Reverse Engineering Hacking and Cracking
- Cross Site Scripting and Hacking Websites
- CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide
- Internet Advanced Denial of Service (DDOS) Attack
- 501 Website Hacking Secrets
- G-mail Advance Hacking Guides and Tutorials
- Secrets of Super and Professional Hackers
- Black Book of Viruses and Hacking
- Vulnerability Exploit & website Hacking for Dummies
- OWASP Hacking Tutorials and Web App Protection
- Blind SQL Injection Discovery & Exploitation
- A Beginners Guide To Hacking Computer Systems
- Computer Hacking & Malware Attacks for Dummies
- Dangerous Google Hacking Database and Attacks
- Web App Hacking (Hackers Handbook)
- Black Belt Hacking & Complete Hacking Book
- Hackers High School 13 Complete Hacking Ebooks
- Computer Hacking
- CEH – Hacking Database Secrets and Exploit
- Reverse Engineering for Beginners
- Hacking into Computer Systems
- Computer Hacking & Malware Attacks for Dummies
- Computer Hacking – Cyber Laws Harvard
- Penetration Testing With Backtrack 5
- The Internet Advanced Denial of Service (DDOS) Attack
- Botnets The Killer Web Applications Hacking
- Advanced SQL Injection Hacking and Guide
- Web Hacking & Penetration Testing
- Ultimate Guide to Social Engineering attacks
- White Hat Hacking complete guide to XSS Attacks
- The Hackers Underground Handbook ( hack the system)
- Blind SQL Injection tutorials and Hacking
- Best Hacking Secrets Revealed
- Blind SQL Injection Discovery & Exploitation.
- Computer Hacking Hack, your Friend, using Backtrack
10 Best-Paid Hacking Books
Here, we have formulated a list of the 10 best cybersecurity books that will help learners. Let’s get started:
1. Hacking: A Beginners’ Guide to Computer Hacking, Basic Security, And Penetration Testing
Author: John Slavio
- This book on hacking is handy for beginners. It can help you take the first step in your ethical hacking career.
- The topics covered in this book are the history of hacking, types of hackers, various types of hacking attacks, essential hacking tools and software, and hiding IP addresses.
- It also speaks about mobile hacking, hacking an email address, penetration testing, and spoofing attacks.
2. Hacking for Beginners : A Basic Guide Book
Author: Chhatrapal Prajapat & Mayank
- This book is written only for educational purposes and is a comprehensive guide to ethical hacking and cybersecurity. By reading this book one can easily clear their doubts and concepts regarding Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity.
- This book contains chapters of ethical hacking. cybersecurity, cyber attacks, Phishing Attacks, Keyloggers, Wireless Hacking, Email Hacking, Window Hacking & Security, Various Trojans, Android Mobile Hacking , Sniffers, Linux Hacking Tools and many more.
3. Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide
Authors: David Kennedy, Jim O’Gorman, Devon Kearns, and Mati Aharoni
- A Metasploit framework is a vital tool used by hackers for discovering and exploiting vulnerabilities. However, for first-time users, it can be a little challenging. Hence, this book will teach you all about Metasploit.
- In this book, you’ll learn the framework’s interfaces, module system, advanced penetration testing techniques, which include network reconnaissance, client-side attacks, wireless attacks, and targeted social-engineering attacks.
- Here, you will also learn to Integrate NeXpose, Nmap, and Nessus with Metasploit to automate discovery.
4. Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
Author: Georgia Weidman
- This book throws an insight into penetration testing. Penetration testers discover security weaknesses in operating systems, networks, and applications.
- This book focuses on the core skills and techniques a penetration tester requires. Here, you’ll be acquainted with the prime stages of an actual assessment, which includes gathering information, unraveling vulnerabilities, gaining access to networks, and so on.
- In addition to the above, you will learn to crack passwords, bypass antivirus software, automate attacks, and you will also learn to use the Metasploit framework for launching exploits and for writing your Metasploit modules out of the many other teachings.
5. The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Author: Peter Kim
- This is the third iteration of the THP – The Hacker Playbook Series. It brings new strategies, attacks, exploits, and tips. Besides all the new concepts, it highlights a few techniques from the previous versions.
- The Hacker Playbook 3 – Red Team Edition acquaints you with the Red Team. Red Teams simulate real-world, advanced attacks to test your organization’s defensive teams.
- Reading this will help you advance your offensive hacking skills and attack paths. In addition to that, it also focuses on real-world attacks, exploitation, custom malware, persistence, and more.
6. Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
Authors: Michael Sikorski, Andrew Honig
- Malware is malicious software that hackers often use to exploit system vulnerabilities. This book on Practical Malware Analysis teaches about the tools and techniques used by analysts.
- This book will guide you to analyze, debug, and disassemble malicious software.
- Here, you will also learn to set up a safe virtual environment to analyze malware, how to crack open malware, gauge the damage it has done, clean your network, and verify that the malware never comes back.
7. Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
Author: Christopher Hadnagy
- Social engineering depends on human errors to gain access to confidential information. Systems can be protected, but we can use no code that can be certain to help protect data when it is a human being.
- This book depicts the most commonly used social engineering methods and shows how they were being used in the past.
- Here, you will learn to examine the common social engineering tricks, analyze how social engineers can use emotions, adopt fruitful counter-measures to prevent hacking, and many more.
8. Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C
Authors: Bruce Schneier : best cyber security book
- This book provides a comprehensive survey of modern cryptography.
- It defines how professionals can use cryptography to encipher and decipher messages.
- It consists of several cryptography algorithms and shows how to solve security problems.
9. Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
Author: Justin Seitz : best cyber security book
- Many exploit frameworks are written in Python; here, using GitHub, you will learn to create a trojan command-and-control, detect sandboxing, and automate common malware tasks.
- In this book, you’ll go through the darker side of Python’s capabilities, like infecting virtual machines, writing network sniffers, creating stealthy trojans, etc.
- This book covers a few networking fundamentals, web applications, windows privilege escalation tricks, and more.
10. The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws
Author: Dafydd Stuttard and Marcus Pinto : best cyber security book
- The second edition of this book focuses on updated Web applications, exposing them to attacks and executing fraudulent transactions.
- It speaks about the latest step-by-step methods for attacking and defending the extensive range of ever-evolving Web applications. It also discusses new remoting frameworks, HTML5, UI redress, and hybrid file attacks, to name a few.
- In addition to the above, the other concepts are Attacking Authentication, Attacking the Application Server, Finding Vulnerabilities in Source Code, etc.
Those were the list of the best cybersecurity books.
Is Hacking illegal?
Hacking is both legal and illegal. If you don’t break any law of hacking and follow all the security laws of any nation then you are not doing illegal hacking. Hacking is legal if you have written permission to do all things related to the security network of that company or nation.
Hacking is illegal if you are not following the rule of security. All those activities related to hacking comes under illegal ways if enter into any network of computers or mobile phones without the permission of honor of the company.
Disclosure: geekymr-The tech zone is a tech knowledge site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
So here is the list of top hacking books. I have selected the best hacking books that are free to download. You can use these hacking ebooks to learn to hack. Use hacking in a legal way it will be good for all. If you find the article helpful then share it with your friends. Comment your thoughts about the post.